Books on Mathematics
Geometric Modeling, Third Edition
Geometric Modeling, Third Edition|
Michael E. Mortenson
452 pages, Illustrated, 7 x 10
Completely updated to include the most recent developments in the field, the third edition like the two previous editions,
emphasizes clarity and thoroughness in the mathematical development of its subjects. It is written in a style that is free of
jargon of special applications, while integrating the three important functions of geometric modeling: to represent elementary
forms (curves, surfaces, and solids), to shape and assemble these into complex forms, and to determine geometric properties
and relationships. With hundreds of illustrations, this unique book appeals to the readers visual and intuitive skills in a way
that makes it easier to understand its more abstract concepts. Upper-division and graduate students, teachers, and
professionals studying, teaching or practicing geometric modeling, 3D modeling, computational geometry, computer graphics
applications, animation, CAD/CAM, and related subjects will find this to be a very valuable reference.
* Describes and compares all the important mathematical methods for modeling curves, surfaces, and solids.
* Prepares the reader for more advanced topics, such as 3D modeling, CAD/CAM, animation, and scientific
* Incorporates references throughout the text to direct the reader to more specialized treatments of the subjects.
* Carefully designed illustrations and exercises support each mathematical concept presented.
* Offers hundreds of exercises to test the readers comprehension.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bicubic Hermite Surfaces
Complex Model Construction
Answers to Selected Exercises
||$51.25 ||BK-GM3||Geometric Modeling, 3rd Edition |
Technical Shop Mathematics, Third Edition
Technical Shop Mathematics, Third Edition|
Thomas Achatz and John G. Anderson, with contributions by Kathleen McKenzie
600 pages, Illustrated, 8 X 10
Published: November, 2005
Completely revised and updated, the intent of this new edition is to provide students with the geometric and trigonometric
concepts needed to solve problems commonly encountered in technical and trade occupations. Technical Shop
Mathematics begins with arithmetic and then presents basic mathematical manipulations, geometry, elementary trigonometry,
and graphing. Practical explanations, problem solving techniques, examples, and exercises are provided throughout; and
emphasis is placed on applicationsmaking it an ideal resource for standard lecture courses or guided self-paced study.
* Contains a larger, easier to read two-color format with improved flow between topics.
* Provides clear explanations that build on the strengths which have made this book a standard for more than 25 years.
* Includes an introduction to Statistics which is needed for many technical trades and not offered in most similar texts.
* Presents sufficient material for a very full one-semester course or for two standard lecture courses.
* Section 1: Arithmetic - Introduction. Common Fractions. Decimal Fractions. Metric (SI) and English Units: Measurement
of length and weight. Operations with Percents. Ratio and Proportion. Meaures of Central Tendency. Powers and Roots.
* Section 2: Algebra - Fundamentals of Algebra. Factoring Algebraic Expressions and Radicals. Logarithms.
* Section 3: Geometry - Lines, Angles, and Plane Figures. Triangles. Other Axioms, Postulates, and Theorems.
Perimeter and Surface Area, Introduction. Circle. Volume. Metric (SI) and English Units: Measurement of area, volume and
* Section 4: Trigonometry Right Angle Trigonometry. Oblique Angle Trigonometry.
* Section 5: Shop Problems (Hands-On) Shop Trigonometry. Measuring Instruments, The Vernier Scale. Transforming
and Solving Shop Formulas. Proportions and Ration. Temperature Measurement.
* Appendices: List of Axioms, Postulates, and Theorems.
* Answers to Odd Numbered Problems.
||$47.50 ||BK-TSM3||Technical Shop Mathematics, 3rd Edition |
Fundamentals of Forecasting Using Excel
Fundamentals of Forecasting Using Excel|
Kenneth Lawrence/Ronald K Klimberg/Sheila M Lawrence
300 pages, Illustrated
Published: January, 2009
Forecasting is an integral part of almost all business enterprises. This book provides readers with the tools to analyze their data, develop forecasting models and present the results in Excel. Progressing from data collection, data presentation, to a step-by-step development of the forecasting techniques, this essential text covers techniques that include but not limited to time series-moving average, exponential smoothing, trending, simple and multiple regression, and Box-Jenkins. And unlike other products of its kind that require either high-priced statistical software or Excel add-ins, this book does not require such software. It can be used both as a primary text and as a supplementary text.
* Highlights the use of Excel screen shots, data tables, and graphs.
* Features Full Scale Use of Excel in Forecasting without the Use of Specialized Forecast Packages
* Includes Excel templates.
* Emphasizes the practical application of forecasting.
* Provides coverage of Special Forecasting, including New Product Forecasting, Network Models Forecasting, Links to Input/Output Modeling, and Combination of Forecasting.
Table of Contents:
* Introduction to Forecasting
* Summarizing and Displaying Data in Excel
* Basic Time Series Analysis
* Forecasting Performance Measurements, Tracking Signals, and Randomness Tests
* Advanced Time Series Forecasting Techniques
* Simple Linear Regression Analysis in Forecasting
* Multiple Linear Regression Analysis in Forecasting
* Markovian Forecasting Models
* Diffusion Modeling and Forecasting
* Miscellaneous Forecasting Models
||$39.95 ||BK-FFUE||Fundamentals of Forecasting using Excel |
Engineering Mathematics, Sixth Edition
Engineering Mathematics, Sixth Edition|
K.A. Stroud and Dexter J. Booth
1200 pages, Illustrated, 7 x 10
Published: February 2007
A groundbreaking and comprehensive reference with over 500,000 copies sold since it first debuted in 1970, the new sixth edition of Engineering Mathematics has been thoroughly revised and expanded. An interactive Personal Tutor CD-ROM is included with every book. Providing a broad mathematical survey, this innovative volume covers a full range of topics from the very basic to the advanced. Whether you're an engineer looking for a useful on-the-job reference or want to improve your mathematical skills, or you are a student who needs an in-depth self-study guide, Engineering Mathematics is sure to come in handy time and time again.
* Offers a unique programmed approach that takes users through the mathematics in a step-by-step fashion with a wealth of worked examples and exercises.
* Contains Quizzes, Learning Outcomes and Can You? Checklists that guide readers through each topic and focus understanding.
* Ideal as reference or a self-learning manual.
Extra Bonus! Visit Personal Tutor Online at www.palgrave.com/stroud, the companion website maintained by this book's British publisher, where you'll find hundreds of interactive practice questions and engineering applications questions putting the mathematics in context.
PART I: FOUNDATION TOPICS
* Introduction to Algebra
* Expressions and Equations
* Linear Equations and Simultaneous Linear Equations
* Polynomial Equations
* Partial Fractions
* Binomial Series
* Complex Numbers 1
* Complex Numbers 2
* Hyperbolic Functions
* Differentiation Applications 1
* Differentiation Applications 2
* Partial Differentiation 1
* Partial Differentiation 2
* Curves and Curve Fitting
* Series 1
* Series 2
* Integration 1
* Integration 2
* Reduction Formulas
* Integration Applications 1
* Integration Applications 2
* Integration Applications 3
* Approximate Integration
* Polar Coordinates System
* Multiple Integrals
* First-Order Differential Equations
* Second-Order Differential Equations
* Introduction to Laplace Transforms
||$65.50 ||BK-EM6||Engineering Math, 6th Ed |