Books on Software
Exercise Workbook for Beginning AutoCAD 2015
Exercise Workbook for Beginning AutoCAD 2015|
Cheryl R. Shrock and Steve Heather
550 pages, Illustrated, 8.5 x 11
Includes 30-day AutoCAD 2015 Trial Software on the enclosed CD.
For Use with the PC version of AutoCAD 2015 only
This is the right book for users if they’re new to AutoCAD or want to brush up on the basics.
All exercises print easily on a standard 8 ˝ x 11 printer.
The New Tab page containing two sliding content frames, Learn and Create, enabling you to quickly access recent drawing files, templates, product updates and online resources.
Dark color interface which includes the Ribbon, Status Bar and Palettes.
This contrasts with the dark model space and reduces eye strain.
Graphics Performance dialog box making it easier to change graphics settings.
Lasso selection giving greater control when selecting objects.
Totally updated for AutoCAD 2015 and 2015 LT.
Improved Features include Enhanced Status Bar giving greater control on the tools you want displayed;
Reorganized View Ribbon making it easier to control the visibility of the UCS Icon, Navigation Bar, ViewCube and Layout Tabs; and Improved graphics with Line Smoothing.
AutoCAD 2015 30-Day Trial Version included on the enclosed DVD.
Ideal for classroom instruction or as a self-study tutorial.
Provides only what you need without all of the jargon.
Includes 30 lessons with step by step instructions followed by exercises designed for practicing the commands learned within the lesson.
Each lesson starts very simple and progresses to more complex.
The approach taken is to familiarize you with the drawing commands first, and then teach users to create their own setup drawings.
Each lesson is explained clearly and in a non-intimidating manner.
||$35.90 ||BK-BACAD15||Exercise Workbook -Beginning AutoCAD 2015 |
Fundamentals of Forecasting Using Excel
Fundamentals of Forecasting Using Excel|
Kenneth Lawrence/Ronald K Klimberg/Sheila M Lawrence
300 pages, Illustrated
Published: January, 2009
Forecasting is an integral part of almost all business enterprises. This book provides readers with the tools to analyze their data, develop forecasting models and present the results in Excel. Progressing from data collection, data presentation, to a step-by-step development of the forecasting techniques, this essential text covers techniques that include but not limited to time series-moving average, exponential smoothing, trending, simple and multiple regression, and Box-Jenkins. And unlike other products of its kind that require either high-priced statistical software or Excel add-ins, this book does not require such software. It can be used both as a primary text and as a supplementary text.
* Highlights the use of Excel screen shots, data tables, and graphs.
* Features Full Scale Use of Excel in Forecasting without the Use of Specialized Forecast Packages
* Includes Excel templates.
* Emphasizes the practical application of forecasting.
* Provides coverage of Special Forecasting, including New Product Forecasting, Network Models Forecasting, Links to Input/Output Modeling, and Combination of Forecasting.
Table of Contents:
* Introduction to Forecasting
* Summarizing and Displaying Data in Excel
* Basic Time Series Analysis
* Forecasting Performance Measurements, Tracking Signals, and Randomness Tests
* Advanced Time Series Forecasting Techniques
* Simple Linear Regression Analysis in Forecasting
* Multiple Linear Regression Analysis in Forecasting
* Markovian Forecasting Models
* Diffusion Modeling and Forecasting
* Miscellaneous Forecasting Models
||$39.95 ||BK-FFUE||Fundamentals of Forecasting using Excel |
Statistical Process Control, Second Edition
Statistical Process Control, Second Edition|
Leonard A. Doty
400 pages, Illustrated, 6 x 9
Published: January, 1996
This in-depth introduction to SPC examines the technical aspects of the practices and procedures that are used to apply the quality management system in manufacturing.
* Provides a description and history of SPC along with an analysis of how it is applied to control quality costs, productivity, product improvement, and work efficiency.
* Includes a new chapter on the 'Tools of Quality' that provides a complete explanation of the seven basic tools.
* Presents an improved discussion on the nature of control charts and a complete rewrite of most of the text to better facilitate an understanding of current trends in quality management.
* Covers unusual but important topics such as, humanistic concepts, DOE (design of experiments), and the probability rules and distributions needed for acceptance sampling.
* Takes special care throughout to fully explain how to read and interpret the various control charts used in the implementation of SPC.
* The Nature of Statistical Process Control
* The Tools of Quality
* The Normal Curve
* Basic Control Charts
* Specialized Control Charts
* Process Analysis and Control
* Other Probability Distributions
* Acceptance Sampling
* Standard Sampling Plans
* Design of Experiments
* Review of Algebra
* Linear Interpolation
||$49.40 ||BK-SPC2||Statistical Process Control, 2nd Ed |