* Precision Brand Tool Black
is a fast, inexpensive alternative to a black oxide metal finish.
The links on this page will display tool blackening products available for online purchase.
- Imparts a tough, dull black protective finish to ferrous metal parts.
- Ideal for prototypes, repair parts and general machine work.
- No special ventilating system is required.
- One quart of Precision TOOL BLACK® covers 50 to 75 square feet, however coverage varies with application technique.
- Tool black should be applied at room temperature.
- The complete kit consists of:
- one 1-quart bottle of TOOL BLACK®,
- one 16 fl. oz. aerosol can of PREVENT®, and
- one 1-quart bottle of Cleaner-Degreaser
* Tool Black Gel
is ideal for smaller jobs, and to blacken vertical surfaces.
* ABC Blackener
for aluminum, brass, and copper is also available.
* Click the link for the answers to frequently asked questions about tool black.