Geometric Modeling, Third Edition
Geometric Modeling, Third Edition|
Michael E. Mortenson
452 pages, Illustrated, 7 x 10
Completely updated to include the most recent developments in the field, the third edition like the two previous editions,
emphasizes clarity and thoroughness in the mathematical development of its subjects. It is written in a style that is free of
jargon of special applications, while integrating the three important functions of geometric modeling: to represent elementary
forms (curves, surfaces, and solids), to shape and assemble these into complex forms, and to determine geometric properties
and relationships. With hundreds of illustrations, this unique book appeals to the readers visual and intuitive skills in a way
that makes it easier to understand its more abstract concepts. Upper-division and graduate students, teachers, and
professionals studying, teaching or practicing geometric modeling, 3D modeling, computational geometry, computer graphics
applications, animation, CAD/CAM, and related subjects will find this to be a very valuable reference.
* Describes and compares all the important mathematical methods for modeling curves, surfaces, and solids.
* Prepares the reader for more advanced topics, such as 3D modeling, CAD/CAM, animation, and scientific
* Incorporates references throughout the text to direct the reader to more specialized treatments of the subjects.
* Carefully designed illustrations and exercises support each mathematical concept presented.
* Offers hundreds of exercises to test the readers comprehension.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bicubic Hermite Surfaces
Complex Model Construction
Answers to Selected Exercises
||$62.90 ||BK-GM3||Geometric Modeling, 3rd Edition |